Clean Installation of Windows 8 Using Windows 8 Installation Disc or USB Drive
You need to choose a clean installation of Windows 8 in the following cases:
No operating system is installed on the computer.
The installed operating system does not support an upgrade to Windows 8. A clean installation is preferred.
The advantage of a clean installation is that all of your systems can begin with the same configuration. All applications, files, and settings are being reset to default. You can use a single disk image or answer file to make sure that all of the desktops in your organization are standardized. In this way, you can avoid many of the support problems that are caused by irregular configurations.
1. Boot up the system with Windows 8 installation disc.
(Installation via USB drive is another alternative. However, Disc Installation is highly recommended.)
2. Select “Install now”.
3. Enter the product key in the text box, and then click “Next”.
Read and accept the Microsoft Software License Terms. Click “I accept the license terms” (required to use Windows), and then click “Next”.
4. Click “Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)”. (Note: All user data will be deleted. Please ensure you have the corresponding backups.)
5. Delete all partitions, select the unallocated space and click “Next”.
6. Windows 8 clean installation begins.
7. Personalize your preferred Windows 8 color scheme and your PC name, and then click “Next”.
8. Click “Use express settings” to automatically customize your Windows 8 settings. (Note: This step is optional. If you prefer your own setting, click “Customize” instead.)
9. Click the text box below. Enter your Microsoft email account, and then click “Next”. (Note: This step is optional. If you prefer signing in without your Microsoft account, click “Sign in without a Microsoft account” instead.)
10. If “Sign in without a Microsoft account” is selected, click the way you prefer for signing in, either with your Microsoft account or Local account.
11. Click the text box below. Enter your user name, password and password hint with the keyboard, and then click “Finish”.
12. Your setup is completed. Please wait a while before Windows starts up.