(Last Updated On: January 5, 2018)
Issue: The error message “0x80073B92 20009” means that there are some driver or software updates that needs to be installed.
Make sure you apply the latest updates before upgrading.
– Try switching to a wired connection if you are downloading over Wi-Fi
– Disable/uninstall any third party Antivirus you might have installed prior to updating.
– Do a clean boot.
2. You have not installed all pending Windows Updates. You can find details on which update is needed to see the Windows 8.1 update in store.
3. You need to sync your App License; you can do this by:
* On the Start screen, tap or click Store to open the Windows Store.
* Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings.
(If you’re using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Settings.)
* Tap or click App updates
* Tap or click Sync licenses
4. The Windows Store Catalog is not refreshing correctly.
To refresh the catalog, try pressing the Windows and R key together to open the run box, type WSReset.exe and hit Enter. Reboot and check the Windows Store again
1. Press Windows Key + W and put updates in Search box, select View installed updates from search results.
2. In the Installed Updates window, look for the Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2871389) and right click on it, select Uninstall.
3. Now download the KB2871389 update package manually for your Windows 8 edition and install it
still need assistance on error 80073B92 initiate the chat