Error Code 80070002
Error Code Description
While checking for Windows updates, you encounter with the error code 80070002. It is primarily occurs due to the corrupted files and excess of temporary files. Hence, while checking for updates, the files are not found and result the computer is Unable to install updates in Windows and show error code for 80070002. To avoid it, you are required to destroy all the error files and replace the corrupted files with the new files.
Operating System Details
It is basically found in all the versions of Windows Operating System, that includes the below enlisted windows versions:
- Windows 7 OS
- Windows 8 and 8.1 OS
- Windows 10 OS
Symptoms of Error Code 80070002
Don’t get upset, when you find the error on your computer screen. It will rectify out, in just a few steps. The symptoms of the error 80070002 are as follows:
- Windows updates will stop working
- Computer running too slow.
- Drivers not working, as files are corrupted.
- An Error message occurred on the computer screen
Causes of the error code 80070002
There may be many reasons that are liable for this error. It usually takes place during the downloading of Windows updates. The main causes for the occurrence of the error code 80070002 are:-
- Due to Windows Registry corruption.
- Files corruption or file missing, due to antivirus corruption.
Crack Error Code 80070002
Suggestion 1: Windows Registry problem
To correct the Windows Registry problem, you should follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- Click Start à Run.
- Type in the Search box, “msc” and click on the ok button.
- Find “Windows Update service” option, present in the Services
- Right click on the Service and click Stop.
Now to delete the Data store folder content that is in Software distribution folder, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Click Start à Run.
- Type the command, “%windir%\SoftwareDistribution” without quotes in the command prompts and click on the OK
- Software distribution folder opens, from it select DataStore folder and delete all the content in the folder.
Now, check the Windows updates by restarting it. Follow the steps to restart it.
- Click Start à
- Type in the Search box, “services.msc” and click on the ok button.
- Click Continue on the User Account Control
- Services window is displayed.
- Right click on the Windows Update Service and click on the start
Suggestion 2: Run System File Checker Utility.
To repair the corrupt system files and replace them you need in order to replace all the core system files. To do so, follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- Click Start >>control panel>> All Programs >>Accessories>>Command Prompt >>right click and Run as Administrator.
- Type the instruction “sfc/scannow” in the command prompt window.
- Press Enter.
- The system file checker will check all the files by scanning them and replace the files that are corrupted or don’t exist.
- After the completion of this scanning process, you should type “Exit” in the command Prompt window. This brings you out from the command prompt and closes it.
- Restart the computer and check for Windows updates again.
- This process not only solves the issue of the Error Code 80070002, but will also stop it from reoccurring.
Chart with our Technical Experts for Further Help & Support
Microsoft Live Assist 24/7 Support