Live Assist-Support for Microsoft products
(Last Updated On: February 26, 2018)
Windows Update Troubleshooter
You might bump into various issues while working on your Windows based computer. The Windows
Update troubleshooter is a feature that is specifically designed for fixing most issues with Windows
computers. You can make use of the Update Troubleshooter to resolve issues with your PC easily. But
most users aren’t aware of the advantages of using this program or even how to access it.
Microsoft Live Assist to your assistance
Microsoft Live Assist provides you with some easy steps to make use of this option to the fullest. You
can go through the following Microsoft Live Support procedure to find the type of error that you are
facing and resolve it using the Update Troubleshooter program.
1. You can start off this Microsoft Live Assist procedure by clicking on the Start menu of your
2. Select “Windows Update” or “Microsoft Update”, depending on whichever is applicable from
the “All Programs” list.
3. The next step of this Microsoft Live Assistt procedure is to click on the “Review your update
history” option on the Microsoft/Windows Update website. This will open a list of all the
updates that exist on your PC.
4. Then you’ll need to find out the failed update by clicking on the “Status” tab.
5. Note down the error code from the next window that pops up.
6. Click “Find Solutions”. Now you Microsoft Live Assist procedure is almost complete.
7. Then you can type in the error code that you noted down in the previous step, in the box
provided, and then click on “Search”. If any suggestions come up, you can follow the link and
resolve your issue. If not, Microsoft Live Assist suggests proceeding to the next step.
8. Click “Go to Knowledge Base articles” on the Microsoft/Windows Update window.
9. Then search again using the error code and follow the links that come up to resolve the issue.
This should be all the help you need in making use of the Updates Troubleshooter for your various
Still need help
Chat with our Technical Experts for further help and support
More Windows Error codes :
Username or Email Address