Error Code 80071A90
Error Code 80071A90 occurs when the program files that are required by the Windows are already in use (locked), by the other program. It is a type of error in which a computer is Unable to install updates in Windows.
Operating System Details
The Error Code 80071A90 may be seen in the enlisted versions of Windows Operating system:-
- Windows 7 Operating System
- Windows 8 and 8.1 Operating System
- Windows 10 Operating System
Error Code 80071A90 Indicators
There are many factors that contribute to an error code of 80071A90. When you see the error code on your computer screen, then, you can recognize it through the following indicators-
- The updating process of Windows will stop in an abrupt manner.
- “Error type: 80071A90” is displayed on the computer screen, when the error occurred.
Causes of Error Code 80071A90
The Windows Update error code 80071A90 can be occurred due to many reasons. The major ones are mentioned below.
- Files are not loading that are required for the Windows Updates; as they are already in use by some other program.
- When windows security.dll files are registered incorrectly.
Cracking Error Code 80071A90
Suggestion 1: Clean Restart
For this you need to Restart your computer again and again, that’s why you should refer clean start. To do a clean restart, you need to perform the following steps:
- Click Start icon on the desktop and in the Search Box, type “Msconfig”.
- Select the Exe, by clicking on it.
- Run As Administrator, a window will pop up, insert confirmation or administrator password.
- A new window will open, on the General menu, click Selective Start Up and clear load start up items check box.
- Click on Services à Hide All Microsoft Services à Disable All à Ok à Restart.
- Now opens the Windows Update by clicking on Start.
- Type “Update” in the search box and click Windows Update.
- On the left side, you saw Check for Updates, click on it.
- Wait until windows looking for the updates.
- If updates are found, then click Install Updates.
- An administrator’s permission is required. Insert the confirmation or password.
- Now again Restart the computer.
- Click Start, type “Msconfig” in the search box and select the Exe.
- Again the administrator permission is required.
- Insert the password or permission.
- A new window will open.
- Click General Option à Normal Startup à Restart.
Suggestion 2: Use the Readiness System Update tool
This tool scans your computer for the inconsistencies that are causing errors. To run the system updates readiness tool, you should follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Click Start and thereafter go to the Search Box, and look for Command Prompt.
- Click there and allow for permission to Run as Administrator.
- Thereafter again you need to feed Exe/Online/Cleanup-Image/Scanhealth in the Command Prompt.
- Thereafter just strike on Enter Key and again put Exe/Online/Cleanup-Image/Restorehealth. Once you are done again apply Enter.
- Now close the command prompt window. Type “Exit” and press Enter.
- Now run the Windows Updates, again.
By taking the above mentioned, suggestions into consideration and after its implementation, you will definitely don’t get any difficulty in the updates. But if still, in any minor case, you get errors, and then please visit the Microsoft Answers for the solution.
Chart with our Technical Experts for Further Help & Support