Live Assist-Support for Microsoft products
(Last Updated On: February 26, 2018)
To perform a repair installation of Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2, follow these steps:
1. Close all the running applications.
2. Insert the Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 DVD in the computer’s DVD drive.
3. In the Setup window, click Install Now.
Note If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:
Click Start, and then type Drive:\setup.exe in the Start Search box.
Note The drive placeholder is the drive letter of the computer’s DVD drive.
In the Programs list, click Setup.exe.
In the Setup window, click Install Now.
1. Click Go online to obtain the latest updates for installation (recommended).
2. Type the CD key if you are prompted to do this.
3. Select the operating system in “Install Windows” page you want to Upgrade or Inplace.
4. Click Yes to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
5. On the Which type of installation do you want? screen, click Upgrade.
6. When the installation is complete, restart your computer.
need assistance on WindowsUpdate 800B0100 initiate the chat
Username or Email Address